Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Trendzitions is a commercial real estate project management firm that assists executives in the planning and implementation of new facilities with less disruption, expense and downtime. The team has provided consulting and project management services to clients in 20 States and completed over 1,200 projects. We recently sat down with Chris Tooker, President/CEO of Trendzitions to learn more about his business:
Question & Answer1. Tell me a little bit about your business? What makes it unique? Trendzitions is a commercial real estate planning and project management firm. We’ve been in business 30 years in September helping companies plan and implement new facilities, or remodel their existing space. We provide resources so that our clients can make better objective decisions. Our planning services include an array of specialized packages:
• TrendzFit oDelineate accurate project goals & objectives oDefine spatial & square footage needs for proper workplace strategies
oDevelop benchmark budget, project timeline & schedule
o Discover best-fit real estate brokers, architects, & general contractors
• TrendzBuild oConstruction Management• TrendzTech o Consult & procure furniture, audio/visual, voice/data cabling, telecom & security
• TrendzRelo o Move management relocation choreography
2. What types of services do you offer?We offer consulting in the following areas: • Developing project size, scope, budgets and timelines • Build & Recruit a winning project team by managing the selection process for the "Best Fit" Brokers, Architects & General Contractors • Construction Management - Bid & Manage the complete construction build out process• Technology Consulting & Procurement / Design Process – value engineering unique to each project to save time & lower stress, design and procure telephone, furniture, cabling, security & audio/visual systems before completely managing your relocation or remodel projects. We continue to pioneer new services on the cutting edge of change to help our clients get better use of their money, staff, time, and resources. We develop innovative ways to improve results, expedite change, lower costs and improve quality in an effort to best achieve their goals.
Our Value Proposition: • Maintain Client Focus & Productivity by freeing up to 80% of their time • Provide Objectivity since we don’t take referral fees or commissions• Expand Client Options using our vast database of over 5,000 vendors • Lower Costs with our buying power & experience• Get it Right the first time & eliminate risks• Reduce downtime, distractions & disruptions to their business We are intentional in our performance to provide our Clients with a top notch relocation experience, down to the last detail, and ensure the best results.
3. How did you start the business?
When I first started Trendzitions, this industry did not exist. Prior to Trendzitions, I worked in the construction industry and also spent time in the communication industry for companies that were moving/remodeling facilities. The most common complaints I heard was “how difficult and stressful it was to hire the right contractors and vendors from different industries, keep the project on time and within the confines of our budget.” I began exploring different avenues to make the process easier and Trendzitions was created in 1986. I started working out of my home, and then leased office space which grew to 10 employees and managed 40-50 projects per year. It was started in 1986 with a desire to serve and simplify the lives of busy executives or business owners whenever they needed to make decisions that affect their business and employees. Our goal is to help businesses improve changes in their real estate facilities, construction, technology, remodel and relocation projects by making complicated things simple.
4.Why did you choose to locate in Lake Forest?
We chose Lake Forest due to its business climate, cost-effective community, and proximity to our home. We have lived in the City for 22 years, and have two children. It was important to us to be able to see our kids participate in school activities so working in the City helped greatly. We attend Saddleback Church, and are extremely community-service driven; contributing as a board member, donor, and sitting on councils for over 10 different organizations including Wiseplace, Child Abuse Prevention Center, The Make-A-Wish Foundation, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and Semper Fi Foundation.
5.Why did you choose to locate in Lake Forest?
We are offering our “Millennial Checkup” which is a free assessment of their current workspace to help maximize functionality and create the right workplace strategy for current and future workforce needs. We will also review plans for a new facility to make sure there are not any gaps.